I am so amazed every day by the number of angels that flit (and walk) into my life. It doesn’t matter if it’s a special day or an ordinary Tuesday, I seem to be surrounded by them.
Do you notice the angels in your life? Here’s just a few I ran into today:
* The guy who let me into the correct lane during jam packed traffic so I wouldn’t miss my exit or my appointment.
* My friend who helped me pick up my papers when they went scattering on the floor.
* The acquaintance who popped in on my facebook to see how life was for me today.
* My oral surgeon who saved me from losing a couple of teeth.
* My boss who was more worried about my safety in driving to work than in whether I got there on time.
* My neighbor who always uses his snowblower on my sidewalk without telling me – I still don’t know which one it is.
* A stranger who offered to help me with some technical problems just because he knew how.
* My puppy who adores me (even though I didn’t share my supper with her).
* My aunt who is so proud of me that she buys and hands out my book just because she can.
* My colleague who knew I was out so she set up my meeting for me without hesitation or being asked.
* The postal worker who kept his window open past closing because he saw me approaching the door with packages.
* My friend who prayed for me and sent me a lovely email just because she was thinking of me.
My list could go on but I just thought I’d share since I was sitting here counting my angels. Be blessed!
I was just listening to my favorite Christian radio station online and realized that this is probably one of my favorite ways to “feed my spirit”. There is something about music that changes my connection to my emotions. It can mellow me out or it can fire me up in a 3 minute time frame. I never really thought about Christian music until I lived in a little town called Connersville, IN about 16 years ago. I’m not much of a country girl so the atmosphere was just ok. But I found in that little town a group of believers. We had weekly Bible study at a friend’s home and the house was always filled with the sounds of music – good, uplifting, Christian music. It started my love for this type of music. I listened to it all the time. Then when I came back to Cincinnati and life got busy and my kids turned to teens I listened to what they were listening to. I enjoyed some of it, was shocked by much of it. I certainly provided my “2 cents” worth of opinion on it and banned quite a few things. What a waste of music!
Last year when I had an incredibly spiritual experience and captured it in my book, MIGHTY INSPIRATION: Love Letters from God, I felt my heart shift back toward what feeds my spirit. Now, it’s virtually all I listen to. I’m thankful to have this station in my town. They sing me to and from work and fill my life with reminders of what is great and how we can all make a difference in this world. What a blessing.
So, for this Easter, as you go about your day enjoying the eggs, the candy, the kids, the beauty of spring I wish for you a blessing of music to feed your spirit!
Today is a great day! My book, MIGHTY INSPIRATION, Love Letters from God is now published and released!
A year ago when I started to hear God’s words stir in my heart I never imagined that I could actually write a book or that the book would be published. I had heard and felt God in my life before and it always provided peace or challenge for me in the moment. But this was different! Way different! God’s words were so strong inside of me that I had to capture them in writing. He led me on a journey of self discovering and broadening my vision for my purpose on this earth. And he challenged me to help others find their purpose and their gifts for this world. We are all here to make choices – big and small choices that will move the world to a better place. God has a message for all of us. See what he said to me.