I opened my blog today to find a delightful surprise!
Ann from Channel Comfort has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! I’m thrilled and honored that my writing has inspired a fellow blogger to recognize me. And I am humbled! THANK YOU Ann. I love your blog as well and hope my readers will come take a look!
Rules of Acceptance:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. Post a photo of the award.
3. Share ten things about yourself readers don’t know.
4. Choose six people to present this award to.
5. Let the six bloggers know they have been awarded.
So here we go…
Ten things that readers do not know about me:
1. I grew up in an orphanage, was adopted at age 8, and had a brother find me after 25 years of separation. What a blessing!
2. I took a ride in a hot air balloon on my 40th birthday. It was an exhilarating start to my bucket list! Feels like floating – can’t wait to do it again!
3. I served on the jury of a capital murder trial when I was 20. SCARY stuff but I learned alot about the law and myself.
4. I am a certified Myers-Briggs trainer and see personality styles come to life in every conversation I’m in. Love this stuff! Oh, yes, I’m an ENFP.
5. I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree at the age of 40, having taken classes on nights and weekends over a 20 year span of time. Whew – I swore I’d get out of college before my kids got in – and I did!
6. I love animal prints, especially leopard as well as blingy things. If you read my blog you’ll know the blingy part from my recent post: Rocks and rings and things that go bling.
8. I hosted a foreign exchange student from Norway, named Heidi for a year during my daughter’s Sr. year of high school. It was a great opportunity and I encourage anyone thinking about it to just do it! It’s not all easy or a bed of roses but it’s a fabulous chance to learn about another culture and touch the life of a student abroad.
9. I’ve always wanted to learn how to fly a plane. It makes me giggle to think about it at my age – I’ll be like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show. It’s on my bucket list too!
10. I collect angels – both figuratively and for real. I have a puppy pile of them that escort me around in life and I’m honored they help me in so many ways.
Passing on this nomination to the following bloggers who have recently inspired me: