I am weary from hearing of the hatred and evil in the world. I don’t want to focus on it, that’s for sure. And I no longer wish to hear the rantings and ravings of madmen. I am not interested in hearing their manifestos of hate. My knowing the depths of the darkness in their souls does nothing to help me conquer its effect on the world.
So … I’ve decided to create my own manifesto. But mine is a Manifesto of Love! It’s really a simple articulation of what I believe and a picture of the world I wish to create into existence. It is neither all-encompassing, nor is it complete. Each day and every circumstance generates new possibilities. Oh, yeah, and I’m not perfect at it yet. But I recognize that the lessons in my life, and the people who I know provide me chances to draw closer and closer. So, here goes:
MY MANIFESTO OF LOVE
~ by BARBARA BERNARD MILLER
1. Remember who you are. Indeed, you are a spiritual being having a physical experience. It is definitely NOT the other way around.
2. Remember where you came from. You are created in the image of God and God is 100% LOVE.
3. Remember what your power is. Your words have the power to create or destroy. Create abundance of love and destroy hate.
4. Make the world better. You have influence and insights that can make this world better because you are here. You exist in this time and this place with these people because that is your journey. Don’t waste it, degrade it or abuse it.
5. Lend a hand. Remember, sometimes the other person doesn’t have one, theirs are too full, or they are weary from their load. We travel this journey together so that no-one has to carry the load alone. Oh yeah, that means you should let them help you too.
6. Encourage others and build them up. You will find yourself lifted to the level that you lift others. Imagine how far we can soar!
7. Forgive others – every time. Not because they deserve it but because you do. You deserve to not carry that burden, which will decay your joy. And in the end we will be judged against the measure we use for others anyway. So forgive them.
8. Appreciate the goodness. Everyone else was also created in the image of God. There is good in all people – even in the darkness there is hidden glory. Look for it! You may be the only one who can help them find it in themselves as well. And that can change them.
9. Be grateful. Every blessing deserves a “Thank You!” Every lesson holds a chance for a different approach and a brighter tomorrow. Every suffering creates a strength. Be grateful!
10. Listen. Listen with the intensity that you seek to be heard. It’s a gift.
11. Trust. Trust that God is on your side. Don’t ever think he will abandon you because he won’t! God promised so trust him!
12. Love. It is the only thing that conquers hate, depression, loneliness, distrust, despair or sin. It really is just that simple.
13. Create blessings. There are some blessings that only you can do or be in this world. You are here for a purpose – find it or create it but don’t ignore it.
Join me – with my manifesto of love. There’s so much more that’s possible to add. Or create your own, even better … and be blessed!