Today I find myself in one of “those” moods. You know – when emotions are kind of prickly. People can easily say the wrong thing or with the wrong attitude. The weather is lovely but it’s so easy to be lazy and sluggish inside. TV is boring, books have no appeal, and … YIKES! Stop the madness and the merry-go-round of negativity!!! I need to turn the day around. It’s days just like today when I turn to this Bible verse for instruction:
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.” Phil 4:8
So, let me change my day by thinking on the good things and by counting my blessings:
1) I am alive and my health is good.
2) My home is warm and comfortable.
3) My children are healthy, educated, and gainfully employed.
4) My job allows me to use my skills and passions and pays me well to do so.
5) My bills are paid and I have some money left over for things I enjoy.
6) I have a loving pet who keeps me company, no matter what my mood is.
7) My family and I have been spared from the devastation of the tornadoes that destroyed so much in my area recently.
8) I have precious friends who are kind, generous, and loyal.
9) There’s food in my pantry and clean clothes in my closet.
10) I have dreams and goals that keep me motivated.
11) I have a car, it works and has gas so I can pick up and go whenever I want.
12) I own lovely things that make my surroundings inviting.
13) I am loved by many, but most importantly, and unconditionally, by God.
With that baker’s dozen of blessings I can actually feel a shift in my mood. My life is good and I have much to be happy about. I spread the gratitude to you. Be thankful and be blessed!